Auto Scroll property for smartdevice application form RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a smart device application for windows smart phone in .net 2005. I am having some content to be displayed on forms, but the problem is that the contents are too large and they are not fitting on one form. So is there a method on which I can use scroll bar, so that the users can scroll down and view the entire content?

Thanks and Regards,

Govind

Friday, July 2, 2010 10:25 AM

Answers

• form1.AutoScroll = true;

• Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, July 8, 2010 6:47 AM
    Friday, July 2, 2010 1:51 PM
  • The AntoScroll property is not available to .NET Compact Framework (.NET CF) 1.1. The .NET CF 1.1 is rather old and no longer supported. If you are developing a new project rather than maintaining an old project, I would strongly recommend that you use .NET CF 2.0 or better .NET CF 3.5. You can see an option to choose a version of .NET CF in the new project wizard.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:20 AM

All replies

• form1.AutoScroll = true;

Friday, July 2, 2010 1:51 PM
  • Thanks Nispio, for your reply.

Yes but AutoScroll works in 2008. There is no AutoScroll property for smart phone Forms in 2005 and I am looking for a way in 2005.

Saturday, July 3, 2010 11:20 AM
  • Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that the functionality of an app should not change between versions of Visual Studio.  The IDE may be set up slightly different between versions, but I thought that the functionality of the Form class depends on the version of the .NET compact framework, or the OS.

What version of .NETCF are you deploying to, which SDK are you using, and what version of the OS do you have?

Sunday, July 4, 2010 5:17 AM
  • The AntoScroll property is not available to .NET Compact Framework (.NET CF) 1.1. The .NET CF 1.1 is rather old and no longer supported. If you are developing a new project rather than maintaining an old project, I would strongly recommend that you use .NET CF 2.0 or better .NET CF 3.5. You can see an option to choose a version of .NET CF in the new project wizard.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:20 AM