none
Enable remote access to ASP.NET 4.0 on Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I have an application that tries to access a web.config file for a site that is hosted on a diffrent server but it wont work.
    The server that is hosting the site is a windows server 2012 with IIS 8 and asp.net 4.0. The application that tries to read the web.config is using the method System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration("/", "sitename", string.Empty, "remoteserver", "user", "password"); and is also running on a Windows server 2012 machine. The application is running on framework 4.0 and the error i get is:
    "Unable to access the configuration system on the remote server. Make sure that the remote server allows remote configuration."

I have tried to run aspnet_regiis -config+ on framework 4.0 but get this error:

"Microsoft (R) ASP.NET RegIIS version 4.0.30319.18408
    Administration utility to install and uninstall ASP.NET on the local machine.
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
    This option is not supported on this version of the operating system."

If i build the application on asp.net framework 2.0 it works as excpected but not in 4.0 or 4.5.

So my question is:
    How do i enable remote configuration on a windows server 2012 for framework4.0 and above?

Thanks in advance!

Regards Marcus

• Edited by Marcus_Al Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:00 PM
    • Moved by Anna Cc Wednesday, August 20, 2014 5:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Marcus,

This issue is related with IIS. Please reopen a new thread in IIS forum because I can't move it there.

Best regards, 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 4:59 AM
  • Hi Anna.

I have opened a new thread on IIS forum. Thank you for your answer.

Regards Marcus

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:11 AM