Unlock Visual Studio Community edition RRS feed

• Question

• My copy of Visual Studio community edition evaluation has expired. I've tried using the 'Sign-In' on the blocking screen to log into my Microsoft account but it complains that the account is not recognised. I've logged into my Microsoft account (successfully) and posted questions there, and been told that a Microsoft account is different from a Microsoft visual studio account. From the blocking screen I've tried 'Sign up' and 'Add a new account' using the same account details, again without success. The Microsoft account people gave me this link please can you help?

Les Wilkinson

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:55 PM

Answers

• Thank you. I had to create a third Microsoft account from scratch before it would accept, but its sorted now. 

Thanks again

Les W.

• Marked as answer by Les Wilkinson Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:25 PM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Les,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

To determine if the cause is about your VS sign in account,  please navigate to https://account.microsoft.com/aboutand create a new account.

Then use it to sign in VS, if this issue still occurs, that means it not related with the account.

Or if the error still persists, please go to Control Panel to repair your VS, update your IE to 11 version and set it as default browser, renew your account via VS, any question please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by 宝宝徐 Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:40 AM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:40 AM
  • Thank you. I had to create a third Microsoft account from scratch before it would accept, but its sorted now. 

Thanks again

Les W.

• Marked as answer by Les Wilkinson Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:25 PM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:25 PM