locked
IE8 dies on Window.open RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have a C# application that has a webbrowser control in it.  It parses out html elements and invokes an onclick event to simulate an end user clicking on a button.  In IE7 this worked great, we never had an issue.  We tried the IE8 beta and now we are getting a return code of 80070A46 which is not found doing a google search.

    I've tried messing with Zone stuff, and get slightly different results, but cannot get by this issue....

    Help?
    Monday, April 13, 2009 2:05 PM

Answers

  • Think I found it.  Apparently installation of IE8 changes security settings.
    I went to Tools/Internet Options then clicked on the security tab.
    Because my site was an Intranet site, I clicked on the Local Intranet icon, then on Custom Settings.
    Not sure which one fixed it but these are the tweaks I made...
     
    Under the Miscellaneous section:
    Use Pop-up Blocker (disable)

    Under the Scripting section:
    Active Scripting (enable)
    Allow status bar updates via script (enable)
    Allow Websites to Prompt for infomation... (Enable)
    Enable XSS filter (Enable)

    Under the section User Authentication
    Logon (Anonymous logon)

    My application now runs exactly as it did in IE7, one or more of those settings fixed the problem.

    Monday, April 13, 2009 5:56 PM