Re-hosted designer using custom activity library RRS feed

• Question

• I have re-hosted the workflow designer and have default activities as well as a custom activity library showing up in the toolbar. I can create workflows with default activities. However, if I open a workflow that contains custom activity (created with VS) OR if I drag one of my custom activities to the design surface all I get is a red square with exception...'does not have a resource identified by the Uri...'. I have the custom activities compiled as Page and I can see the designers are in the dll. How do I tell the re-hosted designer about the custom activity library so that they can be displyed and used in the design surface? Thanks. Al
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:26 PM

Answers

• are the activity types in the same library?

if so, the local XAML namespace mapping may not be specifying the assembly name

• Proposed as answer by JReuben1 Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:54 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:51 PM
  • Hi Sixmileal,

Please double-check the Build Action in the file's properties. WF 4.0 XAML custom activities should be compiled as XamlAppDef (for WF), in order to be reused in this way, not as Page (which is for WPF XAML).

Tim

• Proposed as answer by Andrew_Zhu Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:54 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:09 AM

All replies

• are the activity types in the same library?

if so, the local XAML namespace mapping may not be specifying the assembly name

• Proposed as answer by JReuben1 Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:51 PM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:51 PM
  • Hi Sixmileal,

Please double-check the Build Action in the file's properties. WF 4.0 XAML custom activities should be compiled as XamlAppDef (for WF), in order to be reused in this way, not as Page (which is for WPF XAML).

Tim

• Proposed as answer by Andrew_Zhu Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:54 AM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:09 AM