none
VS2005 .net 2.0 application crashes VS2010 with .net 2.0 Fatal Exception Error 7A2F8992 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that edits, debugs and runs fine under VS2005.  When I try the same app in VS2010 I get conversion issues for the .xsd files, mostly leaving the Designer file sitting out from under the .xsd file tree in Solution Explorer and either complaining that it doesn't exist or VS2010 will create a new Designer1 file along with the Designer file and complain about conflict of properties declared twice.  I've tried to redo the .xsd in VS2010 from scratch and when I save it, VS2010 will just crash with a Event ID 1023 and .NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.3623 Fatal Exception Engine Error (7A2F8992)(0).  We tried creating the project from scratch in VS 2010 also, adding each class and form individually and randomly adding a DLL reference or xsd or a class that inherits Arraylist or BindingList has the same Fatal Exception crash.  The crash happens with just commenting a line of code also.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:28 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I can not reproduce this issue. Could you please give an example for us to reproduce it?

You said "We tried creating the project from scratch in VS 2010 also, adding each class and form individually and randomly adding a DLL reference or xsd or a class that inherits Arraylist or BindingList has the same Fatal Exception crash". Could you please provide the detail steps to do it?

Moreover, when you create the fresh project in VS2010, what is the version of .NET Framework that the project targets?

Thank you for your posting and understanding.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:19 AM