none
Hidden user list and FBA user RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web application that uses FBA. We do not have custom claims or identity provider configured for FBA. We are adding user by searching them from their user name. Once user is added everything works fine. Problem arises when user changes his/her email id and Workflows and alert do not pick it up. User still comes with old email id. Since it is direct query to ldap and no user profile is configured, deleting sync database i think will not help. I have tried it but did not look promising. Only thing that works for sure is deleting user from hidden user information list and adding back again but that is not feasible. Is there any way to auto update this lis t for FBA users? 

Adit

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:06 PM

Answers

• If a user changes their email address, you would need to synchronize that change to the UIL for each Site Collection. This can be done via PowerShell using Set-SPUser -Identity "i:0#.f|membershipProvider|userName" -Email "newaddr@example.com".

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by New-SPAdmin Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:40 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:52 PM

All replies

• If a user changes their email address, you would need to synchronize that change to the UIL for each Site Collection. This can be done via PowerShell using Set-SPUser -Identity "i:0#.f|membershipProvider|userName" -Email "newaddr@example.com".

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by New-SPAdmin Thursday, June 18, 2015 4:40 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:52 PM
  • So this is a manual process, there is no automated process like regular windows user. Will updating this way will make workflow and alert work or things need to be done again?

Adit

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:55 PM