none
Project Server 2010 Event Handlers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I encountered a problem registering custom event handlers for PS events. The problem is the following. I add handler dll to GAC. Then on 'New Event Handler' page of PWA I specify name, description, assembly name and class name, and click Save. But for some reason I can't see just saved handler assembly in the association list of event handlers.

I developed several very simple handlers for different events to find the reason. But none of them get registered.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alexander

Thursday, June 16, 2011 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Alexander,

Changes to the event handler configuration are asynchronously. Does the event handler show up after some minutes (make sure to refresh Server Side Event Handler page and reselect the event)?

Does it make a difference if you restart the Project Server Events Service?

If it still doesn't work, any errors in the event log on the applicatio server or in the ULS logs?

Regards,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:42 PM
  • Hi Hans,

Thank you for your reply. Event handlers didn't appear after some minutes and reloading the page. I also tried to restart Project Server Events Service and to start relevant Project Server timer jobs manually. No effect. Verbose logging doesn't show anything wrong either. The thing which helped me is rebooting system. After system rebooting all added handlers are shown and all the deleted - are deleted. So far I haven't succeeded in finding the reason what service or job causes this situation, so if you have any more ideas why could the event handler list not update within a minute – please share them.

Thanks,

Alexander

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 7:48 AM