none
Another Virtual Lab broken Softgrid application Virtualization RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

The virtual lab softgrid application virtualization sequencing is broken.

On exercise 1, part 5 step G I am not able to move the visio content to the MDOPDEMOSERVER\content

It says I dont have rights and it there is a time difference between client and server.

Is there an easier way to post issues?

James

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hey again, JM,

This is a good place to voice these types of issues.

This forum is monitored, and if you come up with a Virtual Lab issue, you'll almost always receive a response within 24 hours.

Is this the same lab as before, or a different lab in the same series?

What is the full name of the lab?

Thanks,

-plc

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:15 PM
  •  

I put this already on the first post.

The virtual lab softgrid application virtualization sequencing is broken.

On exercise 1, part 5 step G I am not able to move the visio content to the MDOPDEMOSERVER\content

It says I dont have rights and it there is a time difference between client and server.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:58 PM
  •  

My apologies.

I just tried this out and it seemed to work for me. 

I didn't go off of the PDF lab steps, but, rather, used the lab steps in the browser window.  They should be the same thing.

I did notice something odd though.  When I first opened the machine, the date of the machine was Dec 29th 2007.  That's probably the date this lab was put online.  Only later into the lab did it sync with the host and show the proper date (Feb 27, 2008). 

I'll look into this a bit more, but I'm guessing that one machine synched with the host for you and the other didn't leaving you with a state where you couldn't copy.

-plc

Let me experiment with this a bit more and see if I can actually duplicate what you saw.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:50 AM
  • Hey again JM,

I was able to duplicate your issue.  I just needed to, well, go through the lab faster.

It looks like eventually, the times do sync between the machines, and MDOPDEMOSEQ will sync with the host, but this doesn't happen until after the machines have been open for ~20 minutes

This is most likely due to an error in the virtual machine configuration for this machine.

If you're feeling patient, you can go through the lab again, and when you get to that step, if the times haven't synched yet, go get a coffee and come back.  For me, the time synched with the host at about 20 minutes after initial machine open.

I'll see what we can do about getting the configuration changed for this lab.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:44 AM