none
Azure Migrate - Could not initiate discovery. Azure Active Directory (AAD) operation faile with error Bad Request. RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone help me with that error?  The error is occurring after starting discovery. (After click on "Save and start discovery" button).

Azure Migrate - Could not initiate discovery. Azure Active Directory (AAD) operation faile with error Bad Request Invalid Key Start Date.

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:36 PM

All replies

• This error occurs when the Azure user account used to initiate the discovery is different from the account used to register the appliance. Do one of the following: 

• Ensure that the user account initiating the discovery is same as the one used to register the appliance.
    • Provide Azure Active Directory application access permissions to the user account for which the discovery operation is failing.
    • Delete the resource group previously created for the Azure Migrate project. Create another resource group to start again.
    • Learn more about Azure Active Directory application permissions. 

Reference link - Azure Migrate troubleshooting guide

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Good Morning!

I am using the administrator account to perform the entire process.

I performed all the steps you guided but was unsuccessful.

Error:

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:32 PM
  • The query needs a further deeper dive technically. I recommend you to create a technical support ticket. The ticket enables you to work closely with the support engineers and get a quick resolution to your issue.

Here is the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/azure-supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request to create support case. 

In case you have limitation in your support plan to open Azure Support Tickets you can email me at AzCommunity@Microsoft.com and provide me with your Subscription ID and link to this thread and we will help enable one time free support to assist with resolution on the issue.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:45 AM