none
App certification question

Question

• Hi, I want to ask if my application design is likely to be certified. I know, if you have to ask, there's likely going to be issues, but if I could get a MS rep to discuss this confidentially with me I'd be grateful.

Basically, what the app is designed to do is to open files and programs and be packagable through the Windows store as a Store App.

I am aware that there are limitations on the WRT API that prevent this from occurring normally, but I want to know if the tricks I have intended are likely to be certified.
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hey Sword Saint,

Thanks for your question! The app certification requirements are subject to change, but you can review the most updated requirements here. If your questions are not answered with the certification requirements page, you can submit a support request for further assistance.

Jonathan

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:57 PM

All replies

• What's going on right now is that I'm looking for two things:

First, I want to use hacky-workarounds as part of the application, with built-in support for enabling these workarounds. I want to know if this will prevent certification.

Second, I'm designing this W8S app with a Desktop cradle application in mind.

The interactions are intended to be:

The cradle application will be able to launch the store app.
    The cradle application will modify the store app's configuration files.
    The cradle application will be assigned to open a certain file type, which will be called by the store app.

I'd love to discuss this in more detail, but I admit my coding abilities are poor at the moment and I'd rather discuss the application in private.

• Edited by Sword Saint Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:55 PM
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Hey Sword Saint,

Thanks for your question! The app certification requirements are subject to change, but you can review the most updated requirements here. If your questions are not answered with the certification requirements page, you can submit a support request for further assistance.

Jonathan

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:57 PM