MS Advertising SDK for Windows 8 RC RRS feed

• Question

• Does the Microsoft Advertising Beta SDK for Windows 8 Consumer Preview work only with Metro applications built with Visual Studio 2011 Beta?

I have re-built a Windows 8 Metro project with Visual Studio 2012 RC for Windows 8, and the advertisements no longer appear in the simulator;

Thanks in advance for any insight;

Best regards - Rob

robert hellestrae

Friday, June 1, 2012 9:49 PM

Answers

• I can't get my app converted from consumer preview to release preview to compile with the add sdk. I did have it working in the consumer preview vs2011.

In vs2012 There is a yellow triangle caution flag on the 'Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows 8 (Xaml)' in the References section of my project. Properties reports version 0.0.0.0 ??

I did download the sdk again and reinstall. Same result.

Error 1 The name "AdControl" does not exist in the namespace "using:Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI". C:\Users\jeffa_000\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\yaLolFx\yaLolFx\MainPage.xaml 87 17 yaLolFx

Error 4 The processor architecture of the project being built "Any CPU" is not supported by the referenced SDK "MSAdvertisingXaml, Version=6.1". Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project (in visual studio this can be done through the Configuration Manager) to one of the architectures supported by the SDK: "x86,  x64,  ARM". yaLolFx

Life is terminal.

• Marked as answer by rrobhelle Wednesday, August 7, 2013 1:41 PM
    Saturday, June 2, 2012 2:15 PM
  • I'm in the same situation. Project won't compile, warning badge on the Ad SDK reference, error about the processor architecture. Changing the architecture has no effect. We should probably start a new thread for this issue.

Update: I've created a new question for our issue. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/a846b41d-18ca-4e60-947e-111d633351fd

• Edited by Marc A. Brown Saturday, June 2, 2012 5:17 PM Added link to new question
    Saturday, June 2, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Consumer preview version of ad sdk is not going to work with Release preview - have to wait for RP version of ad sdk.

robert hellestrae

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:23 PM

All replies

• I can't get my app converted from consumer preview to release preview to compile with the add sdk. I did have it working in the consumer preview vs2011.

In vs2012 There is a yellow triangle caution flag on the 'Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows 8 (Xaml)' in the References section of my project. Properties reports version 0.0.0.0 ??

I did download the sdk again and reinstall. Same result.

Error 1 The name "AdControl" does not exist in the namespace "using:Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI". C:\Users\jeffa_000\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\yaLolFx\yaLolFx\MainPage.xaml 87 17 yaLolFx

Error 4 The processor architecture of the project being built "Any CPU" is not supported by the referenced SDK "MSAdvertisingXaml, Version=6.1". Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project (in visual studio this can be done through the Configuration Manager) to one of the architectures supported by the SDK: "x86,  x64,  ARM". yaLolFx

Life is terminal.

Saturday, June 2, 2012 2:15 PM
  • I'm in the same situation. Project won't compile, warning badge on the Ad SDK reference, error about the processor architecture. Changing the architecture has no effect. We should probably start a new thread for this issue.

Update: I've created a new question for our issue. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/a846b41d-18ca-4e60-947e-111d633351fd

• Edited by Marc A. Brown Saturday, June 2, 2012 5:17 PM Added link to new question
    Saturday, June 2, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Consumer preview version of ad sdk is not going to work with Release preview - have to wait for RP version of ad sdk.

robert hellestrae

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:23 PM