none
Very Strange issue with web Reportviewer 2008 r2 Please Help RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a very strange issue with the reportviewer control.   It would stop working every 2,3 times the same report is loaded from the same link.

this is when it works, i would briefly see the loading popup then it loads correctly:

i would then click on go back then click on the same link to load the same page as you just saw and get this:

then when i go back and click on the same link again , it may or may not work. it seem to be totally random.  if it doesn't load and i press f5 to reload the page, it will always load correctly on f5.

here's my code behind to load it:

Private Sub RenderReport(ByVal aReportPath As String, ByVal ParamNames As String(), ByVal ParamValue As Object())

ReportViewer1.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote

ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerUrl = New Uri(mSSRS_ServerUrl)
                    ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportPath = aReportPath
                    ReportViewer1.ServerReport.ReportServerCredentials = New CustomReportCredentials("username", "password", "domain")
                    For i As Integer = 0 To ParamNames.Length - 1
                        ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(New ReportParameter(ParamNames(i), ParamValue(i).ToString))                  
                    Next
                    ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh()

End Sub

and here's my ascx: 
    @ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="DocViewer.ascx.vb" Inherits="mynameapsce.DocViewer" %>

<%@ Register assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" tagprefix="rsweb" %>

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" AsyncRendering="True" 
        Height="100%" Width="100%" ShowParameterPrompts="False" >
    </rsweb:ReportViewer>

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:05 PM

All replies

• to add to this,

i've replicated this on multiple machines, on both chrome and ie 9  running on faster internet lines.

havent' seen it happen in LAN speed network.  reportviewer runs on iis 7 

i've also tried :

turn async off on the reportviewer control 

turn session off

remove the ReportViewer1.ServerReport.Refresh() line

call reportviewer1.reset() before every load

none has helped

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:36 PM