best practice RRS feed

• Question

• User-2017461817 posted

Hi all,

I'm working on a project in MVC 5 and was wondering if someone could suggest a best practice for adding an ajax dropdownlist that populates a paged list of data.

- Knockout?

- Some booststrap extenstion that I'm not aware of?

- Standard dropdownlist using a partialview and ajax controller?

The page uses a view model with several models. Not sure if that matters.

Thanks!

Saturday, May 3, 2014 2:34 PM

Answers

• User1176121428 posted

Hi aspdotnetnew,

Thanks for your post.

According to your description,

I'm working on a project in MVC 5 and was wondering if someone could suggest a best practice for adding an ajax dropdownlist that populates a paged list of data.

There is a lot of ways to bind dropdownlist in asp.net mvc  and maintaining dropdownlist state during postback some of them given below.

• Use viewbag property.
    • Through view model.
    • Use jquery .ajax i.e. asynchronous post back at selected index change of another dropdownlist.

For more information,you can check this:http://www.dotnetbull.com/2013/08/bind-dropdownlist-in-dotnet-mvc-razor.html

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Eileen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:21 AM

All replies

• User917890880 posted

you can tried Bootstrap css and js for Dropdown. 

Other way could be - create a model property as list and you could bind the data in the view.

Saturday, May 3, 2014 3:32 PM
  • User1176121428 posted

Hi aspdotnetnew,

Thanks for your post.

According to your description,

There is a lot of ways to bind dropdownlist in asp.net mvc  and maintaining dropdownlist state during postback some of them given below.

• Use viewbag property.
    • Through view model.
    • Use jquery .ajax i.e. asynchronous post back at selected index change of another dropdownlist.

For more information,you can check this:http://www.dotnetbull.com/2013/08/bind-dropdownlist-in-dotnet-mvc-razor.html

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Eileen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:21 AM