none
Windows IOT Enterprise KMS Activation

Question

• Can I use my existing KMS server (it activates everything from Windows 7 to Server 2016) to activate Windows 10 IOT?

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hello Brant Wells,

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions.  Windows 10 IoT Enterprise offers both Long-term Servicing Channel (LTSC) and Semi-Annual Channel (SAC) options. So you can use an existing KMS server to active Windows IoT Enterprise. By default, KMS clients on your Windows IoT Enterprise with no additional configuration needed.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Brant Wells Friday, March 15, 2019 2:02 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2019 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hello Brant Wells,

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions.  Windows 10 IoT Enterprise offers both Long-term Servicing Channel (LTSC) and Semi-Annual Channel (SAC) options. So you can use an existing KMS server to active Windows IoT Enterprise. By default, KMS clients on your Windows IoT Enterprise with no additional configuration needed.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Brant Wells Friday, March 15, 2019 2:02 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2019 3:27 AM
  • Hello Michael

I have call the MS VLSC for using KMS.
    I heard that VL does not support Windows 10 IoT Enterprise because it has an agreement with Microsoft.

I so happy your answer in this question.

How can I get a KMS host key if I first configure the KMS host?

I do not know how to get the host key to configure KMS host.

best regards,

sangjo

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:50 AM