none
General Network Error. Check your network documentation RRS feed

• Question

•  

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: General network error. Check your network documentation.

I get this exception intermittently

Below is the stack trace of the error

Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Xtention.Lms.Components.Database.RunProc(String procName, SqlParameter[] prams) in C:\Projects\lms.bentley.com\lms\Modules\components\Components\Database.cs:line 154 at Xtention.Lms.Components.UsersDB.Login(String username, String password, Boolean windowsLogin) in C:\Projects\lms.bentley.com\lms\Modules\components\Components\Security.cs:line 883 at Xtention.Lms.Components.UsersDB.Login(String username, String password) in C:\Projects\lms.bentley.com\lms\Modules\components\Components\Security.cs:line 893 at Xtention.Lms.Web.Signin.Login(String pass, String login, Boolean encodePassword) in C:\Projects\lms.bentley.com\lms\desktopmodules\Signin.ascx.cs:line 61 at Xtention.Lms.Web.Signin.BentleyLogin() in C:\Projects\lms.bentley.com\lms\desktopmodules\Signin.ascx.cs:line 188 at Xtention.Lms.Web.Signin.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Projects\lms.bentley.com\lms\desktopmodules\Signin.ascx.cs:line 169 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

When i debug the application this error vanishes some time.

I am using ASP.net 1.1 and .net native sql provider and sql server 2000.

Sql Server 2000 is present at remote location. When i debug the application it is opening the connection but it is throwing this error when i try to execute command object query.

I am facing this problem from many days. i need urgent solution of this.

Thanks

Dhanaji

Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:38 AM

Answers

• You need to register the the remote SQL Server and go into Enterprise Manager right click  at the top and go to network configurations and change the setting to enable all the will need. And also mae sure the Enterprise application block is installed in the C drive, you could also try reinstalling.

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:05 PM

All replies

• Here is one of the known fixes for this problem.

http://weblogs.asp.net/ssadasivuni/archive/2003/12/06/41705.aspx

Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:15 PM
  • Hi Caddre,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that solutions but still it is not working.

Same code works on developer which are working in LAN of Database server which hosted in USA.

But Same code is not working from our machine which are situated in India.

Monday, January 21, 2008 1:16 PM
  • You need to register the the remote SQL Server and go into Enterprise Manager right click  at the top and go to network configurations and change the setting to enable all the will need. And also mae sure the Enterprise application block is installed in the C drive, you could also try reinstalling.

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:05 PM