none
Project Web App - Edit mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I open the project web app site for editing, it is not possible to edit.

Please help me.

thanks.

Monday, April 4, 2011 10:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

First be more specific on your issue in order to correctly address your problem

1) If you are talking about customizing your page, then might be your administrator has not allowed you that permission, so first kindly confirm from your Project Server Administrator.

2) If you are talking about "Project Workspce", to access a particular Project workspace you must have to be in respective project's team and based on your role in that team you will get access on that project workspace.

Like:

Resources: those are just member of that team not assigned on any task get only view permission on that project site.

Resources: those are assigned on any task get read write permission on that project site.

Project Manager: Project manager get designing as well as read write permission on that site.

Note: If some thing I have misunderstood, please let me know.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Monday, April 4, 2011 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

I am talking about Project Server application in Sharepoint.

I have created a PWA and it contains a few projects ( I can see them when I open Project Center). We can open project either with Project Professional or in the web. In the web, we can open either in edit mode or view mode. I opened in edit mode but it was not possible for me to edit.

Hope I clarify the issue. Please let me know if you need some more information.

Thanks.

Monday, April 4, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Hi, 

I think you are talking about project server 2010 correct me if I am wrong.

If you are trying to edit a particular project first confirm whether you have permission to edit that project or not, Generally a "Project owner(can edit only their project)" or "Administrator(can edit all enterprise project)" can edit the projects.

So what rights you have on PWA like: Project Manager, Team member, Administrator etc. Pls confirm me.

Hope this helps you.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, April 4, 2011 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

may I add some additional points to Sacchin's ideas: Some settings within a project will prevent it from editing in Project Web App. E.g. task type is Fixed Work, usage of task calendars, master/sub project structure, ...(more is listed at http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/B/50B59BE2-1BB2-4886-A2C9-435E7BC7A204/PRO_PWA_comparison.pdf). But in most cases, system tells you in a message box, why you are not able to edit your project. Is there any message? Are you able to edit any project?

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, April 4, 2011 12:10 PM
  • Yes, I am talking about Project Server 2010.

I logged in as an Administrator but it was not possible to edit. 

Monday, April 4, 2011 12:11 PM
  • So as Barbara said, there might be some message box will pop up by stating the reason for your issue, so kindly share that it with us and which version of IE you are using right now.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS
    Monday, April 4, 2011 12:39 PM