none
How do you repair help viewer 2.2?

Question

• Help viewer 2.2 has crashed at the end of downloading content, how do I start the repair process?
    Thursday, February 09, 2017 2:27 PM

All replies

• How do I re-install  Help Viewer 2.2?, I'm using VS community 2015
    Thursday, February 09, 2017 2:37 PM
  • Hi friend,

Whether you download it from the following link?

https://vshd.codeplex.com/

If not, please download it, and refer to the Quick Guide steps to install it.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

The Help Viewer 2.2 is shipped in VS by default. Currently there is no help viewer standalone installer available on website to download.

For your question, does the Help Viewer 2.2 is crashed or couldn't open?

In this situation,  I suggest you go to Control Panel—Programs and Features, select ‘Microsoft Visual Studio 2015’, right click it and choose ‘Repair’ ,then check again to see if the Help viewer runs normally.

Or if you mean running the accompanying Help Viewer (v2.2) application, you could take a look at Michael's reply, and following the steps:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22033502/microsoft-help-viewer-can-be-used-as-an-independent-application/35369954#answer-35369954

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 10, 2017 8:42 AM