none
UDP in parallel with main code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone

I  am in need of some assistance. I am currently sending and receiving data from UDP from a remote device. Now, I want to receive data all the time as it is sent but send data only when some part of my code executes.

Essentially what I want is to be able to access the received UDP data as it comes in but I want to send data only when some trigger due to my main code occurs.

My plan is to run the main code in parallel with the UDP receive, (have some sort of mechanism to read the received data) and then to send data when required.

I am considering using multi-threading but I have no idea as to how to go about doing that. Can anyone give me some directions ?

Thanks

Chandra

Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Chandra,

Your question doesn't seem related to VSTA. What types of project are you building? Which language are you using? I can help to route your question to the right forum.

Thanks,

Xiaoying

Xiaoying is a program manager in Microsoft Visual Studio Office Developer Tools team | This post is provided "as-is"

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Hi Xiaoying

I am actually working with multiple sensors and am trying to integrate a camera with other sensors. So, all the states must be updated continuously (abt 5 ms) and when camera reads the image (abt 30 ms), I need to send data through computer.

Chandra

Chandra Mangipudi

Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:36 PM
  • Chandra, when you create the project, which project template did you pick? Which programming language do you use?

Thanks,

Xiaoying

Xiaoying is a program manager in Microsoft Visual Studio Office Developer Tools team | This post is provided "as-is"

Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:41 PM