none
Kinect and tracking arms movement RRS feed

• Question

• I m developer for addon of very famous Simulator.  I m developing an application that it will recognize arms movement. I can trace it if i have two kinect?

Thanks

Fabio Merlo

Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:35 PM

Answers

• Fabio,

I'm not sure what your question is. Do you mean that

a) you are having problems trying to use multiple kinect devices
    b) you would like to do skeletal tracking when only upper body is visible (this is not supported by SDK).
    c) something else

If the problem is a) you should look at our documentation (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/kinectsdk/guides.aspx), in particular readme and programming guide, which mention several common problems and how to troubleshoot them. Most common is multiple kinect devices being connected to same USB host controller, which is not currently supported.

Hope this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    • Marked as answer by Karijno Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:50 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:44 PM

All replies

• Fabio,

I'm not sure what your question is. Do you mean that

a) you are having problems trying to use multiple kinect devices
    b) you would like to do skeletal tracking when only upper body is visible (this is not supported by SDK).
    c) something else

If the problem is a) you should look at our documentation (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/kinectsdk/guides.aspx), in particular readme and programming guide, which mention several common problems and how to troubleshoot them. Most common is multiple kinect devices being connected to same USB host controller, which is not currently supported.

Hope this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    • Marked as answer by Karijno Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:50 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Eddy thank you for your help. My problem is your b) sentence . But now that i know that i will change my approach. I hope for final version will be resolved that Change request .

Thank a lot

Fabio

Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:50 PM