Visual studio 2013 HTML Client deployment Microsoft.LightSwitch.SecurityData.svc does not exist. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using visual studio 2013. I used file zilla to upload my light switch html client app (project folders) to my arvixe shared hosting. when i tried to browse to the url, i got the error "Failed to load model: /msls/model_failed_server_1args".
        I have a custom error tracking system that sent me an email saying "
    Microsoft.LightSwitch.SecurityData.svc does not exist".
        Is it the "Visual studio Publish wizard" that installs this service? or is this something i can manually install somewhere in the production environmnet? or is this something my arvixe shared host provider needs to install?
       Or maybe i just need to focus on publishing through visual studio? When i tried the publication, I get an error that says i am connected to the server, but not suthorized. i am using the arvixe publication user and password? Does my html client project folder need to be already created and a virtual directory?
       any suggestions would be great.

thanks for your time

david

• Edited by iqworks Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:14 AM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

We can deploy a three-tier LightSwitch-based application by either publishing or packaging it. In either case, the LightSwitch Publish Application Wizard guides you through the deployment process.

This deployment process below will help you.

Deploy a Three-Tier LightSwitch Application

Configure a Server to Host LightSwitch Applications

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by iqworks Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:52 PM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

We can deploy a three-tier LightSwitch-based application by either publishing or packaging it. In either case, the LightSwitch Publish Application Wizard guides you through the deployment process.

This deployment process below will help you.

Deploy a Three-Tier LightSwitch Application

Configure a Server to Host LightSwitch Applications

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by iqworks Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:52 PM
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:35 AM
  •  Thanks Angie,
           i am going to mark as an answer.
           I was experimenting with trying to publish manually with file zilla. i do that for most of my other projects, MVC, .NET etc for various reasons.
           But yes, the publishing wizard is the way to go for me right now.

david

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:52 PM