WCF Service Cannot create ActiveX Component RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am building an silverlight web app that for the most part collects information and builds a custom script to interact with a seperate program located on the server (Slice).

On my dev machine everything works fine, but when I upload it I run into problems.

code looks like this

Try

Dim SlER
                Dim Template As String

Template = "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Slice.exe

Dim MyDataObj As New DataObject
                Dim DataToSler As String

DataToSler = commandString

'Activates the SlER program
                SlER = CreateObject("Slice.Document")

'Sends data to SLice program
                SlER.RunCommands(DataToSler)

SlER.RunCommands("SelectWBSIndex" & vbTab & "0" & vbTab & "!Auto")

Dim ReturnedData As String = SLER.RunCommands("FlexportOutput" & vbTab & FlexibleExportTemplate & vbTab & "!Auto")

SlER.RunCommands("EXIT")
                Return ReturnedData

'End If
            Catch ex As Exception
                Return ex.Message

End Try
        End Function 

This should send a script out to the copy of Silce out on the server.  The program should run, execute several commands through the programs API, and return a string.

For some reason I get an error in the underlined line of code.

Cannot create ActiveX Component

I get the same error on my dev machine when I mispell "Slice.Document"

Any help would be greatly appreciate it

Friday, August 13, 2010 5:34 PM

Answers

• Well I guess that I solved my own problem, if anyone else has the same problem I hope this helps.

The issue was will the application server.  It by default does not allow the use "NETWORK SERVICES" to access COM+ items.  Solution was to add a role to the application server allowing it to use COM+ items throught the"NETWORK SERVICE" user

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:45 PM

All replies

• Well I guess that I solved my own problem, if anyone else has the same problem I hope this helps.

The issue was will the application server.  It by default does not allow the use "NETWORK SERVICES" to access COM+ items.  Solution was to add a role to the application server allowing it to use COM+ items throught the"NETWORK SERVICE" user

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

I am new to wcf and I face the same issue. Can you explain a bit more how to add the role to wcf service.

thanks

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:02 PM