Limited shortcuts/tiles in metro Start Screen

Question

• In all previous versions of Windows I can create shortcuts to most applications, files, folders or to applications with startup params on the start menu and/or desktop.

I don't seem to be able to do that in the Metro Start Screen? It's VERY limited. I know shortcuts to both metro & desktop apps are created but that's just too limiting.

I want to start apps in administrator mode, or with startup params, I want to place a link to a site that contains Flash/Silverlight/Java on the startscreen so I can start desktop IE from the Start Screen. What about different kind of apps? Silverlight OOB apps, Adobe Air apps, Clickonce apps?

These don't seem to appear in the Start Screen... will I have to revert to desktop to start applications in anything but the most rudimentary of fashion?   

Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:39 AM

All replies

• In Start Metro, you could pin applications (instead of create shortcut). To do that, just search the name of application and then right click on it and chose pin.

This is pre-Beta version of Windows and it will improve a lot in next release.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 1:02 PM