Question About Team Features RRS feed

• Question

• Apologies if this is in the incorrect place. I haven't posted here before so apologies in advance.

A few weeks ago I got into programming, but just recently I found a friend who'd like to team up for a small project. I know Visual Studio has some features to help teams make projects, but I'm not entirely certain of what those features are or how to find them. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great :)

Thanks,

Sloan P.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Sloan P,

Thank you for posting here.

I'm not very clear about what you mean "team up for a small project"?

This forum is for on-premises TFS. Team Foundation Server (commonly abbreviated to TFS) is a Microsoft product that provides source code management (either with Team Foundation Version Control or Git), reporting, requirements management, project management (for both agile software development and waterfall teams), automated builds, lab management, testing and release management capabilities. It covers the entire application lifecycle.

Do you want to use TFS to develop a software together with your team? If so, to get started with TFS, please look at here: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/setup-admin/get-started#team-services

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:06 AM