Outlook 2007 - ISA 2000 - Windows Vista: How??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

The items above describe my current computer configuration. I've read many times that the Microsoft Firewall Client for ISA 2000 (or 2004) does not work in Windows Vista. I can accept that. For web browsing, I established IE's proxy parameters manually, and they work fine. And so with some other applications I have installed in my computer. My current problem is with Outlook (or Windows Mail, for that effect). I've read also many times that Outlook (or Windows Mail) does not use IE's proxy configuration, trying to access POP3 servers directly. But, since Firewall Client won't run in my computer, that means basically I cannot read my e-mail using Outlook (or Windows Mail ). Is there any chance for this situation to be solved anytime soon? I simply love Outlook 2007 (and, this time, NOT Windows Mail ), and I want to keep using it. Any ideas?

Friday, June 30, 2006 2:48 PM

All replies

• hello!

i cant see your current configuration, i try a few things but i still have problems with my web browser. can u helpme

jonathancalvorivas@hotmail.com

thaks

Friday, July 7, 2006 4:59 PM
  •  I have the very same problem

Have you found a solution??

Sunday, December 10, 2006 6:22 PM
  • Check out the following url:

Here

It is the up-to-date Firewall Client (as of today 14th Dec) - Works with Vista like a charm

Hope this helps!

System Requirements

• Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
    Supported ISA Server Versions:
    ISA Server 2000
    • ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition
    • ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition
    • ISA Server 2006 Standard Edition
    • ISA Server 2006 Enterprise Edition

Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:57 PM
  • i m also facing the same problem, Please tell me the solution of this problem.
    Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:46 AM