none
Can the Weather app display Degrees Celcius? RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I decided to check out the Weather app. While it looks great, and it's relatively easy to navigate, I couldn't seem to find a window within the UI's design wherein which I could change the units the temperature is displayed as. I live in Australia, and I was brought up on the Metric System, so I and other Metric users may want to know how to change units.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:41 PM

Answers

• You could switch to Celsius/Fahrenheit using Weather preferences.

1. When Weather app is running, go to settings.*
    2. Select Weather preferences. This will show a simple pane with 2 radio buttons: Celsius and Fahrenheit.
    3. Pick the unit you desire.

* To access settings pane, you can either move pointer to bottom left of the screen or open charms bar.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:22 PM

All replies

• You could switch to Celsius/Fahrenheit using Weather preferences.

1. When Weather app is running, go to settings.*
    2. Select Weather preferences. This will show a simple pane with 2 radio buttons: Celsius and Fahrenheit.
    3. Pick the unit you desire.

* To access settings pane, you can either move pointer to bottom left of the screen or open charms bar.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:22 PM
  • Thank you very much, that simple explanation actually taught me a whole about the UI (through proxy).
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:02 PM
  • After selecting location on weather app just right click anywhere. At bottom button will appear for F-C conversion

• Proposed as answer by Umair M Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:59 AM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:59 AM