none
is there any way to export data from excel to any program? RRS feed

• Question

• good day

i have a project in my job

they ask me to transfer data from excel sheet to their software

so is there any method or trick which allow me to import the data from excel and link it to my boss software? i mean by using visual basic?

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:28 PM

All replies

• There are many ways to get the data from Excel. 

But then comes the problem. You need an import or interop possibility in your "boss" software.

The format of the receiver "boss" commands how it has to be done. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:37 PM
  • i think we cant do that

because he bought the software from russian company 

they ask me to copy from excel and past it to his software.  which will cost alot of time and effort

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:40 PM
  • i think we cant do that

because he bought the software from russian company 

they ask me to copy from excel and past it to his software.  which will cost alot of time and effort

If data can be pasted into his software, you could do it by knowing the format they want and the control where you can paste/export them (like DGV, ListView or other controls that can receive data)

• Edited by Castorix31 Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:34 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:49 PM
  • actually he is not a programmer.

he just bought the software

but what i can see the the software include more than textbox and the data is linked to datagridview

i was asking my self is it possible to create a bar code through excel or vb and then i just scan the documents ?

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:56 PM
  • In short, the software to receive the data from Excel needs to have a method to taken the data such as a import method. If the software has a import method then knowing the format e.g. comma delimited data, XML, JSON etc then you can read the Excel data and export in the proper format.

If there are no import methods then the answer is most likely no unless you get into manipulating the program into accepting (if possible data from the clipboard),

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 3:23 PM
  • You would be looking at extensive use of Pinvokes as well as somehow automating Excel so that you could copy and paste document somehow from automated excel to the russian program.

It would not be a simple task except for Castorix31 perhaps who has knowledge far exceeding others in areas such as finding the window to paste text to in the Russian app.

But even then without knowing your programming skill set you may not be able to follow Castorix31's instruction on what to do. I would say somebody would have to write an app for you to do that really. And if your boss was willing to pay for it then somebody may want to do it.

Your boss should not have put the cart before the horse really.

Can you actually copy from an open excel document and manually paste it into the Russian product? If so it's possible you could just focus the excel app and copy from a window and focus the Russian app and paste into its window programmatically. But what happens after the copy and paste? Does the Russian app need to save? There must be more to the sequence than just what you mention.

La vida loca

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 8:17 PM