How to check that is 'select all' checkbox of the parameter is selected RRS feed

• Question

• My parameter pass the id of the parameter to my query while its name is displyed on the parameter combo.

I have a report on which there is a text field.

1,On this field i want's to display the name of the parameter.

If select all check box is check i want's to show Report of AllFieldName.

other wise it should be comma separate like     Report of aa,cc.

e.g

I have field myfield with fieldname aa,bb,cc dd  value with fieldid as 1,2,3,4

I am passing this parameter in the query like 

select ... where id in( @fieldid)

2,I am exporting this report in a excel format.

How can i pass the parameter in the query string ,submit it.

{How to check select all parameter or particular parameter e.t.c }

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For the first one If the select All is checked you want to display All For this there is no option to know whether user selected Select All .So to acheive this on the parameters add one more parameter Param1Count.

Suppose your parameter is Param1: Set dafualt value from qury if it is getting result from the query.

For the new Param1Count also set the following properties:

a)Make it as Hidden parameter.

b)set Available values from the same Dataset which you are using to Populate the Param1.Set the default value as same as

Param1.

In the report text filed expression write the following expression:

=IIF(Parameters!Param1Count.Count=Parameters!Param1.Count,"Report All ..", &"Report Of"&Join(Parameters!Param1.Label,",")).

This will give the required result ie. display Report All when the Select All is checked.

when the user select Select All Param1 Count is set to:10 (suppose param1 displaying 10 values) Param1Count also set to 10.

I didn't get your second question.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:46 PM

All replies

• As far as the first question, I had a similar problem last week and this answer to my post helped:

Check out Robert's post in this thread.  Looks like it will do what you need.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=243463&SiteID=1

=Join(Parameters!Cat.Value, ", ")

Sorry I cannot help you with the other question.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:41 PM
  • Hi,

For the first one If the select All is checked you want to display All For this there is no option to know whether user selected Select All .So to acheive this on the parameters add one more parameter Param1Count.

Suppose your parameter is Param1: Set dafualt value from qury if it is getting result from the query.

For the new Param1Count also set the following properties:

a)Make it as Hidden parameter.

b)set Available values from the same Dataset which you are using to Populate the Param1.Set the default value as same as

Param1.

In the report text filed expression write the following expression:

=IIF(Parameters!Param1Count.Count=Parameters!Param1.Count,"Report All ..", &"Report Of"&Join(Parameters!Param1.Label,",")).

This will give the required result ie. display Report All when the Select All is checked.

when the user select Select All Param1 Count is set to:10 (suppose param1 displaying 10 values) Param1Count also set to 10.

I didn't get your second question.

Hope this helps.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:46 PM
  • Thanks mahima and guyinkalaamazo3

2,My second question is What would be the querystring

I am exporting the report in a excel format.

How can i pass the parameter in the query string and export the report to excel with my needed parameter,like a particular parameter value or select all of the values e.t.c

{How to check select all parameter or particular parameter e.t.c }

Hope I have clear my question now

Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:32 PM