[solved]help restoring web site RRS feed

• Question

• User388040970 posted

I've been handed a backup of a web site that needs restoring, but they don't know what the site was built with. from what i can see (see pic) it looks like it was built with asp.net, but could be wrong as I'm unfamiliar with asp.

I've ftp the folder over to a test web server, but get a "under construction" message when i try to look at it. So question is, what do I need to do to get the website up and running? am guessing settings with need changing?

cheers.

mike.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:08 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

ASP files generally point to Classic ASP as opposed to ASP.NET. I'm not at all familiar enough with Classic ASP to give any kind of meaningful recommendations for this, however just that knowledge might help point you in the right direction (as opposed to ASP.NET) :

You might also try visiting the sister forums for this one, the IIS.NET Forums, which has a forum area dedicated to Classic ASP. You may get a bit more responses there.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:16 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

ASP files generally point to Classic ASP as opposed to ASP.NET. I'm not at all familiar enough with Classic ASP to give any kind of meaningful recommendations for this, however just that knowledge might help point you in the right direction (as opposed to ASP.NET) :

You might also try visiting the sister forums for this one, the IIS.NET Forums, which has a forum area dedicated to Classic ASP. You may get a bit more responses there.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:16 AM
  • User388040970 posted

alright, cheers for the feedback.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 1:28 PM