error message while debugging RRS feed

• Question

• Im receiving an error message in microsoft visual 2010 express. The error occurs when I try to debug or build this simple program to print to the screen Welcome to C!. The error message is file corrupt or missing.

The code is

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)

{

printf("Welcome to C\n");

}

well when I compile this I get the error that the file is corrupt or missing, how do I fix this problem?

• Moved by Just Karl Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:48 PM Looking for the proper forum
    Friday, March 15, 2013 4:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Welcome here.

Here are the possible reasons and corresponding solutions.

1. Have we applied the latest service pack? If not, apply the service pack. Visual Studio 2010 SP1

2. If we use “devenv.exe /resetsettings”, does it solve the problem? Also you can try this way: Tools->Import and Export settings-> reset all settings. It restores Visual Studio default settings.

Try again.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Elegentin Xie
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by mbechmann Friday, March 22, 2013 12:02 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 7:47 AM

All replies

• I suspect that stdio.h file may be corrupt. Can you verify that it's OK and included into your project Ok?

In any case, you need to post in Visual C++ forum instead of this one. Hopefully moderator will move this thread.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, March 15, 2013 4:49 PM
  • I type #include <stdio.h> so I do imagine its in the project although Im not exactly sure what you mean as I am new to programming and just beginning to learn it. If the stdio.h file is corrupt how do I fix this problem because Im using visual 2010 express edition.

Friday, March 15, 2013 6:37 PM
  • If that file is corrupt, you may want to download it - it should not be hard to search for that file online.

I am wondering where are the moderators of this forum and why they can not move this thread to a proper forum where you most likely get better help as I do not work with C++ myself.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, March 15, 2013 6:43 PM
  • This post is off topic for this forum.

This forum is for discussions and questions regarding profiles and Microsoft's recognition system on the MSDN, TechNet and Expression sites. It is not for anything else. No products. No technologies.

Follow up posts should be asked in the Visual C++ forum, and I am moving this there.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

• Edited by Just Karl Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:08 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:47 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome here.

Here are the possible reasons and corresponding solutions.

1. Have we applied the latest service pack? If not, apply the service pack. Visual Studio 2010 SP1

2. If we use “devenv.exe /resetsettings”, does it solve the problem? Also you can try this way: Tools->Import and Export settings-> reset all settings. It restores Visual Studio default settings.

Try again.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Elegentin Xie
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by mbechmann Friday, March 22, 2013 12:02 PM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 7:47 AM