none
NDISTest 6.5 - [2 Machine] - CheckConnectivity Fails with 0x50013 Error code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

While running NDISTest 6.5 - [2 Machine] - CheckConnectivity HCK Job it fails with 0x50013 Error code the Media is write protected.

I have followed the Lan setup as mentioned in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh997862.aspx.

Kindly let me know what could be the solution to resolve this issue.

Thank You,

Regards,

KP

Friday, May 23, 2014 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Carthick,

Is it NDIS LWF driver? I never saw such error in NDIS miniport driver.

Thanks,

Mudit

Monday, May 26, 2014 3:31 AM
  • Hi Mudit,

THis is NDIS Miniport driver only.

Thank You,

Regards,

KP

Monday, May 26, 2014 4:31 AM
  • Hi KP,

I never saw this type of error in my setup. Please rename the DUT to 'SupportDevice' and also make sure that you are able to change the advanced properties of your adapter. Before running test, close all the driver property window.

Thanks,

Mudit

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:10 AM
  • Hi Mudit,

we tried this and couldnt succeed. Just wanted to inform you that our NDIS miniport is a virtual adapter.

Thank You,

Regards,

KP

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:16 AM
  • So, you are running the NDIS cert inside VM port, right?
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:03 AM
  • Yes you are right Mudit
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:04 AM
  • Have you installed your network driver inside VM and also make sure that your physical adapter should have SRIOV enabled and also switch also should be SRIOV capable. in VMM, select your VM, and at bottom at Networking tab, network port attached to your VM should show 'SRIOV active"

Thanks,

Mudit

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:08 AM
  • Hi Karthik,

Just a update. I also ran this test on Virtual adapter and it's passing for me.

Thanks,

Mudit

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:33 AM
  • Thanks Mudit for your update.

for me still it is failing with the same error. Am I missing anything in setup ? i justed followed as per the HCK lan testing. The only difference is my driver is a virtual TAP driver adapter.

Thank You,

Regards,

Karthikeyan Palanisamy

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:38 AM
  • I'm not sure about TAP driver , mine is Virtual adapter with SRIOV enabled.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Hi Mudit,

I'm part of KP's Team, just wanted to check that our set up/configurations are corrected..

We followed as in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh997862.aspx

Our overall details are given below. Please check and let us know if some things is missing/wrong compared to general set up or with respect to you set up details...

Systems:

- WHCK Controller installed in Windows 2008 server R1

- Windows 8 64 Bit Test Machine with TAP Miniport driver installed

- Windows 8 64 bit Support Machine

Connections:

- WHCK Controller, Test Machine and Support Machines are connected with Switch using LAN cables(Ethernet).

- Test Machine and Support machines are connected with Another LAN(Ethernet) as peer to peer connection

Configuration:

-  As per http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh997862.aspx

1.Test Machine:  

--> Ethernet(connect to switch) named as "MessageDevice"

--> Installed TAP windows driver is configured with Static IP and Media status is changed to "Always Connected"

-->Another Ethernet(Connect to Support device) also provided with Static IP 

2.Support Machine:

--> Ethernet(connect to switch) named as "MessageDevice"

--> Another Ethernet(Connected to Test device) named as "SupportDevice0" and provided with static IP

Thanks!

/Nanda

Thursday, May 29, 2014 5:09 AM
  • Hi Nanda,

It seems that many other also facing this issue with TAP driver. And also instead of providing static IP addresses to the Test adapter, put them in Dynamically assigned IP Address for both IPv4 and IPv6.

Thanks,

Mudit

Thursday, May 29, 2014 7:06 AM
  • Hi Mudit,

We tried by Dynamic assigned.. but that didn't help.

Thanks!

/Nanda

Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:48 AM