none
"Validation error: We can't read the .appxbundle"

Question

• Is this issue still not resolved? I found this thread, but the workaround to "Remove spaces from the name(s) of the file(s) they reference in their app manifest." is not helping. My app manifest never referenced any files with spaces in the names.

I've built my app several times and made several upload attempts across multiple browsers. I even re-uploaded an old package that passed validation, and now I am getting a validation error this time around.

Is this a server issue on platform side? Are there any other workarounds?

Monday, January 20, 2014 5:23 PM

All replies

• I eventually was able to upload my app package after numerous failed attempts, so I guess it is intermittent and the only actual workaround is to just keep trying.

It would be nice if there was an official response to this.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:00 PM
  • Hi brs_kurt,

I see that you were able to successfully submit your app package today. We would like to find out why you might have been receiving this validation error. If possible, could you provide the following details to help us resolve the problem so it does not happen again for you or anyone else?

• What web browser were you using, or were you using Visual Studio to upload?
    • How many upload attempts did it take before the app uploaded successfully?
    • Approximate time, date, and time zone when you received the error.
    • If you see the error again, can you provide screenshot or a PSR?

If you have this issue in the future, please do not hesitate to submit a support request so we can investigate further.

Thanks!

-Jonathan

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:57 PM