schema error! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Help. The first time I ran the LegoNXT sample it worked. Since then I get the error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Missing Proxy for contract:http://schemas.microsoft.com/robotics/2006/05/legonxt.html at Microsoft.Dss.Services.ContractDirectory.ContractDirectory.Finishup(QuerySericeContract query, ContractResults results, Port'1 directoryresultsPort)

Can someone point me in the right direction.I am a newbie to MSRS.

I neglected to mention that I am running this in the VC# Express IDE!

Thanx,

loumsc

Thursday, August 2, 2007 8:24 PM

Answers

• OK G.

Here is where I stand!

I found out where the varible Platform was being set. I did a search thru the registry and found it in (2) places. I deleted these two and now I can build the app with no errors. However, when it switches to explorer to show the output screen I get this error. At least it is only one error now.

System.InvalidOperationException: Missing proxy for contract:http://schemas.microsoft.com/robotics/2006/05/legonxt.html

at Microsoft.Dss.Services.ContractDirectory.ContractDirectory.FinishUp(QueryServiceContract query, ContractResults results, Port`1 directoryResultsPort) [08/07/2007 21:00:48][http://server:50000/contractdirectory]

I did not find out who was setting this variable but removing it from the environment settings fixed the build problem. I am still going to try and find out what app set this paltform variable.

Thanx for youer help so far, I am getting really close now.

Lou

I Got It!

Apparently in all the fudging around I screwed up the MSRS installation. I re-installed MSRS to a new location and everyboy works now.

THANX!

Lou

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 1:30 AM

All replies

• did you recompile it by any chance, change anything, etc and it didnt compile the second time? open the legoNXT solution and rebuild everything. that should regenerate all the sample services and proxies

Friday, August 3, 2007 4:39 AM
  • Thanx for the reply. No. I did not change anything. All I did is exit from the IDE. When I tried the app again later I get this error. I even uninstalled MSRS and reinstalled it to no avail.

Lou

Friday, August 3, 2007 1:54 PM
  • Wehn youinstall MSRS, we dont actually delete any files. So did you install it on top of th eprevious install? Re-install is not necessery, but since you did it already, just try deleting the store\contractdirectory.cache.xml file and re-running your manifest

Friday, August 3, 2007 6:19 PM
  • Hi,

When trying to rebuild the app I get the following errors:

Error 48 The OutputPath property is not set for this project.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid Configuration/Platform combination.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='HPD' LegoNxt

Error 49 The command ""D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\DssProxy.exe" /dll:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\LegoNxt.Y2006.M05.dll" /proxyprojectpath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\samples\Platforms\LEGO\NXT\LegoNxt\Proxy " /keyfile:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\samples\mrisamples.snk"   /binpath:". " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ "" exited with code 20. LegoNxt

Error 50 The OutputPath property is not set for this project.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid Configuration/Platform combination.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='HPD' LegoNXTServices

Error 51 The command ""D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\DssProxy.exe" /dll:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\LegoNXTServices.Y2006.M06.dll" /proxyprojectpath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\samples\Platforms\LEGO\NXT\LegoNXTServices\Proxy " /keyfile:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\samples\mrisamples.snk"   /binpath:". " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ " /referencepath:"D:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ " /referencepath:"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ "" exited with code 20. LegoNXTServices

I feel kind of stupid, I cannot figure out what is happening.

BTW I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and VC# 2005 Express, I have installed SP1 for VC#.

Thanx,

Lou

Friday, August 3, 2007 8:37 PM
  • you are running into a wierd issue that some folks see, with certain machines and thir dparty software installed. There is an environment vairable looks like, called Platform, that is set to HPD.

The error message above indicates exactly that: VS/C# think your platform is "HPD" so they cant find setting for it.

Please set Platform="" in your console window that started MSRS/VS an dmake sure the Platform environment variable is not set globally in your system.

we have no idea who and why sets the Platform variable on some systems...

g

Friday, August 3, 2007 10:10 PM
  • OK

I go to a command prompt and type Set Platform=

After which I issue a set command with no parameters and I see that platform is null

I try to run the LegoNXT example again and get the same errors. I immediately issue a set command and platform=HPD

It was null before I executed the VC# app LEGONXT.

I appreciate your help but I can find nowhere that this platform variable is being set.

Thanx,

Lou

Saturday, August 4, 2007 4:21 PM
  •  

this is wierd. You mean if you do this

1) start MSRS command prompt

2) set Platform=  (empty)

3) compile legoNXT solution (from commandline or by starting a new VS instance)

4) check Platform, its now set to HPD again???

g

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 12:37 AM
  • Yes,

That's exactly what happens. I also cannot figure out why the first time that I ran the app, it worked. Sorry to be a pain, but I am stumped. I even contacted HP since my PC is an HP to see if they were globally setting this variable but they blamed it on MS and said they could not help me.

Thanx,

Lou

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 12:43 AM
  •  

ok lets try something else, following the same exact step, try compiling the solution for service tutorial 1 (much simpler) project. Let me know if it works.

also, try executing the post build step (the one that runs DssProxy) on your own, from the command line, if compiling service tutorial 1 fails. We allow you to specify the platform and other arguments directly to DssProxy. This will have to be your work around...

g

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 3:59 PM
  • OK G.

Here is where I stand!

I found out where the varible Platform was being set. I did a search thru the registry and found it in (2) places. I deleted these two and now I can build the app with no errors. However, when it switches to explorer to show the output screen I get this error. At least it is only one error now.

System.InvalidOperationException: Missing proxy for contract:http://schemas.microsoft.com/robotics/2006/05/legonxt.html

at Microsoft.Dss.Services.ContractDirectory.ContractDirectory.FinishUp(QueryServiceContract query, ContractResults results, Port`1 directoryResultsPort) [08/07/2007 21:00:48][http://server:50000/contractdirectory]

I did not find out who was setting this variable but removing it from the environment settings fixed the build problem. I am still going to try and find out what app set this paltform variable.

Thanx for youer help so far, I am getting really close now.

Lou

I Got It!

Apparently in all the fudging around I screwed up the MSRS installation. I re-installed MSRS to a new location and everyboy works now.

THANX!

Lou

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 1:30 AM
  •  

excellent. Can you give me a bit more info on those registry keys? Whichever program does this, always ends up causing us alot of trouble...

g

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 3:28 AM
  • Hi G

I just did a search from the top level for Platform. It was found in 2 places that I thing were called session. When I located them there was another key which said PCBrand = Hewlett-packard which makes me thing they were set by something on HP. But if other people are getting this too I don't know. Tommorrow I will look at my registry again and try to nail it down for you.

Thanx,

Lou

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 3:32 AM
  • Hi G

I checked and found the two places, apparently set by HP

1st:

HKey:Users --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Current Version --> Explorer --> HP

2nd:

HKeu:Users =>> 5-1-38 --> Software --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Current Version --> Explorer --> HP

Let me know if this helps.

Lou

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 4:32 AM
  • I have the same problem and i cant fix

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:19 AM
  • how do you delete the hkey's?

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:34 AM
  • shazzamy,

You need to run regedit.exe and then select the edit menu and then find and search for the keys mentioned. Be careful. If you are not sure what you are doing you can damage you operating system if you delete the wrong keys.

Lou

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:41 AM
  •  loumsc wrote:

shazzamy,

You need to run regedit.exe and then select the edit menu and then find and search for the keys mentioned. Be careful. If you are not sure what you are doing you can damage you operating system if you delete the wrong keys.

Lou

uhh i don know what im doing i think and where do i get regedit.exe?

sorry if these are noob questions

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:44 AM
  • Shazzamy,

If you are not sure of what you are doing please do this carefully. Clock on Start. Type Regedit.exe. When regedit starts, make sure that computer is highlighted in the left window.

If you can't find the following, do not try to fix this yourself, see if you can get someone more familiar with working with the registry to help you. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING IF THE KEYS DO NOT MATCH WHAT IS BELOW!!!!

Select Hkey Users, Select Software, Select Microsoft, Select Windows, Select Current Version, Select Explorer, Select HP and press delete.

Select Hkey Users, Select 5-1-38, Select Software, Select Microsoft, Select Windows, Select Current Version, Select Explorer, Select HP and press delete.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:53 AM
  • 1. noone else around that is  more qualified in my family or around my area

2. in hkey users there is not "software

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:58 AM
  • btw im running windows vista 32bit

Do you want me to take a screenshot of what i see that paste on here?

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:59 AM
  •  

ok this is what i see

Computer-->HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

-->HKEY_CURRENT_USER

-->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

-->HKEY_USERS

-->HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

I go into -->HKEY_USERS then there is

-->HKEY_USERS-->HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT

-->HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18

-->HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19

-->HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20

-->HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3991454451-4223022652-1674079970-1000

-->HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3991454451-4223022652-1674079970-1000_Classes

Now i dont know what to do. which one to go into?

Thursday, April 17, 2008 2:24 AM