none
Licensing for Education Version of VS

Question

• Hello,

I'm a student, and I downloaded VS2015 Enterprise through my university's MSDNAA portal.  I have since developed a web application using it, and depending on how things go in the future, I might like to start profiting from my work (most likely on a future, different project). 

If I have VS Enterprise through MSDNAA and then want to sell something I have created with it, I suppose I need a license of some sort.  Do I have to buy the enterprise license?  Is there a different "education" type license I have to get?  Should I develop future projects in Community to avoid some of these costs? 

Please advise!

Thank you.

Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:12 PM

Answers

• Hi trademarkdiy,

I suggest you to go with Community version if you don't have a need for Enterprise version features. Community is good for students, indie developer, and startup teams up to five memebers. So my advice to you as a student as myself is to go with Community edition...

Here is a good compere of Visual Studio editions, so you can go and check if there is a need for you to use Enterprise edition in your project, and future projects... Here is a url for official Visual Studio site and comparison: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/compare-visual-studio-2015-products-vs.aspx

Best regards!
    (If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 12:03 AM