The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Multiple WordPress websites on Windows Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I currently have a wordpress website in my Windows Azure portal (lets call it WP1 connected to DB1).

Now, I want to create another wordpress website. I created a new website with wordpress gallery, and connected to DB1 (WP2 connected to DB1).

1 - When creating the website, it did not ask me to enter an ID/PASS to enter the admin page.

2 - Whenever I want to login (wp2.net/wp-login.php) it redirects me to (wp1.net/wp-login.php).

My questions are : Why does that happen? Can I have 2 wordpress website connected to the same MySQL database? Do I have to create a new database for another website? I tried, but the quota limit is 1..

Thanks,
    Tikay

Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Tikay,

If you are trying to running multiple WordPress on WAWS, try changing $table_prefix to something else than default ‘wp_’, you can take a look at a blog at:

http://www.tapanila.net/running-multiple-wordpress-blogs-on-azure-websites/

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by freaky roach Monday, September 9, 2013 1:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Haixia_Xie Monday, September 16, 2013 1:43 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 9:47 AM

All replies

• Different wordpress sites can have a same database if their table names prefix are different. This can be defined in wp-config.php. 

If this post answers your question, please mark it as an answer. If this post is helpful to you, then vote it as helpful.
    TechyFreak | Mobile Development Resources

Monday, September 9, 2013 4:03 AM
  • Hi Tikay,

If you are trying to running multiple WordPress on WAWS, try changing $table_prefix to something else than default ‘wp_’, you can take a look at a blog at:

http://www.tapanila.net/running-multiple-wordpress-blogs-on-azure-websites/

Best Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by freaky roach Monday, September 9, 2013 1:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Haixia_Xie Monday, September 16, 2013 1:43 AM
    Monday, September 9, 2013 9:47 AM
  • I just faced the same problem and I followed the steps on the link. It works like a charm :-)
    Sunday, April 6, 2014 5:13 PM
  • Using webmatrix to access wp-config.php works as well. Its on the lower bar of your website dashboard.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:26 PM