none
VS2015.3: How do I get HTML5 IntelliSense for WebForms?

Question

• Although the Validation Schema DropDownBox reads "DOCTYPE:XHTML5" I don't get HTML5 attributes like "required" or "autofocus" listed for <asp:TextBox runat="server" ...> - why?

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Monday, September 26, 2016 11:37 AM

Answers

• Hi BetterToday,

If you want to get this intelliSense, you should not use asp control and you need to use input, please refer to the following screenshot:

I found that we could not get the this Html5 attribute intelliSense for asp TextBox control by default.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by qing__Moderator Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by BetterToday Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi BetterToday,

If you want to get this intelliSense, you should not use asp control and you need to use input, please refer to the following screenshot:

I found that we could not get the this Html5 attribute intelliSense for asp TextBox control by default.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by qing__Moderator Tuesday, September 27, 2016 3:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by BetterToday Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:49 AM
  • You're absolutely right. I've been working with MVC for the last few of years and plain forgot that I was working with ASP.NET server controls which come with their own, proprietary set of attributes.

Your answer is very much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Axel

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:56 AM