none
PowerPoint: Determine which shape was (right-) clicked ? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I find out which shaped was (right-) clicked in a PowerPoint Slide? (Is the WindowBeforeRightClick method, the only possible way ?)

Monday, April 29, 2013 10:30 AM

Answers

• As far as I know, PowerPoint object Model doesn't have any events for PowerPoint Shape Object, but you can Implement CommandBars.OnUpdate event to detect event occurring. 

I find a sample which demonstrates how to create new events​  for shape in Excel, I think it is similar in PowerPoint, you can download the sample and update the code according to PowerPoint object.

Create new events for shape in Excel 

If my post is helpful,please help to vote as helpful, if my post solve your question, please help to make it as answer. my sample

Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:12 PM
  • Hi HeinrichMS,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

There's no click event associated with PowerPoint Shape object.

But perhaps this page could help.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:05 AM

All replies

• PowerPointApp.ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange[1]

Monday, April 29, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Hi HeinrichMS,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

There's no click event associated with PowerPoint Shape object.

But perhaps this page could help.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:05 AM
  • As far as I know, PowerPoint object Model doesn't have any events for PowerPoint Shape Object, but you can Implement CommandBars.OnUpdate event to detect event occurring. 

I find a sample which demonstrates how to create new events​  for shape in Excel, I think it is similar in PowerPoint, you can download the sample and update the code according to PowerPoint object.

Create new events for shape in Excel 

If my post is helpful,please help to vote as helpful, if my post solve your question, please help to make it as answer. my sample

Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:12 PM