none
Auto Fill Forms RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

im totaly new in small basic and i want to know if its possible to open a webpage then fill two or more textboxes and send the form via a button. The code of the webpage has variables for the textboxes...could it be a solution to write a value to this variables or is there another way ?It would be great if someone could give me a hint.

Regards Bill

Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:02 PM

Answers

• Certainly not without an extension written for SmallBasic.

I don't know of any extension that could do this.

If available and misused, this could be used as a bot to automate many web page interactions and may be used for spam etc, this is why many sites have capatcha to prevent this.

Perhaps you could give more details of what you want to achieve and why, perhaps I have misunderstood.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:24 PM

All replies

• Certainly not without an extension written for SmallBasic.

I don't know of any extension that could do this.

If available and misused, this could be used as a bot to automate many web page interactions and may be used for spam etc, this is why many sites have capatcha to prevent this.

Perhaps you could give more details of what you want to achieve and why, perhaps I have misunderstood.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:24 PM
  • You can't do that with small basic alone, but probably with an extension. i don't know of any, but perhaps someone will make one soon.

I am a 12 year old learning how to code using small basic.

Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:26 PM
  • Thanks for asking this Bill. I reckon this is a top question. No idea sorry. However i'm interested in the possibility.

Maybe such a program could fill in fields in a sb program then open your own web page and fill in the related web page fields and then confirm SUCCESS.

Totally like LitDevs reply to this.

I'm wondering whether it is worth writing programs that are potentially at risk of being blocked by web page owners. They could be... if you filling in your own web page or have an agreement  and protocols allow it then the burden of security is on malware security settings or a capatcha "hurdle" and it's your own page so why not??

I'd like to be able to write one maybe to collect data then run a routine maybe even when the data collect program is not running and post at a pre-set time. Interesting.

cheers

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:39 PM