Pushing Active Data Factory logs to Log Analytics RRS feed

• Question

• Can we push ADF logs to Log Analytics in Azure. ????? If yes, how can we get the ADF logs through log analytics.

Moiz Ajmal

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Moiz,

You can download ADF logs with PowerShell. You can run Save-AzureRmDataFactoryLog cmdlet with Id value you see from the output and download the log files using the -DownloadLogsoption for the cmdlet.

For example:

Save-AzureRmDataFactoryLog -ResourceGroupName "ADF" -DataFactoryName "LogProcessingFactory" -Id "841b77c9-d56c-48d1-99a3-8c16c3e77d39" -DownloadLogs -Output "C:\Test"

I don't know if Log Analytics can consume the ADF logs though.

Jorg Klein's Microsoft Business Intelligence Blog

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Moiz,

You can download ADF logs with PowerShell. You can run Save-AzureRmDataFactoryLog cmdlet with Id value you see from the output and download the log files using the -DownloadLogsoption for the cmdlet.

For example:

Save-AzureRmDataFactoryLog -ResourceGroupName "ADF" -DataFactoryName "LogProcessingFactory" -Id "841b77c9-d56c-48d1-99a3-8c16c3e77d39" -DownloadLogs -Output "C:\Test"

I don't know if Log Analytics can consume the ADF logs though.

Jorg Klein's Microsoft Business Intelligence Blog

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hi

Thanks for your response. ADF logs can be read using Log Analytics too. I have just read them using Log Analytics.

Thanks

Moiz Ajmal

Friday, January 20, 2017 7:21 AM
  • Hi Moiz,

How did you get this working? I can't find any documentation around it? I have my ADF logs showing under storage account logs in Log Analytics but I can't figure out how to read the data. 

Regards

James

Sunday, December 17, 2017 4:03 PM
  • Hi James,

using log analytics you can push your logs to excel or power bi (live version) using queries which you can find using the following link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/log-analytics/log-analytics-log-searches .

Can you tell me what exactly you are trying to do?

Moiz Ajmal

Monday, December 18, 2017 5:40 AM