How to give dynamic behaviour of WCF service RRS feed

• Question

• i want to design a single service for internal and external user but internal user will use tcp binding and external user will use basic http binding. internal user may call any function of the service but external user can call few function only.....they will have some restriction. guide me how to design this kind of service.

Saturday, November 14, 2015 10:40 AM

Answers

• like to know what is the meaning of endpoint in terms of wcf? what endpoint is and how it help us. how to define or explain to some one what is endpoint ?

Bing and Google are your friends. Books are your friends, which is what I used way back in year 2008 when I needed to use WCF and understand its different aspects.

i want internal customer can call function for accounts, sales and product too but external customer can not call accounts and sales related function rather they should be restricted to only products related function. how to achieve it with the help of single service ?

That's not the service's responsibility. You need to come up with something that's going to figure that out before the service is called, like using a Service layer.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee658090.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

• Proposed as answer by Sudip_inn Monday, November 16, 2015 8:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Grady_Dong Monday, November 23, 2015 2:58 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:27 PM
  • Hi Mou_Kolkata,

According to this case, in my opinion is that when we want limit external customer can call

all method, we can  judge it if he is a external customer via username and password

or use client ip address. In that method, if username not is internal user, we can limit it call

this method.

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

1.WCF: Restrict which Clients can call your WCF Service methods via X.509 Certificates  

2.Exposing Multiple Service Endpoints

Best Regards,

Grady

• Proposed as answer by Sudip_inn Monday, November 16, 2015 8:42 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 7:25 AM

All replies

• thanks for sharing the link but i am not looking for how to have multiple endpoint for single service.

like to know what is the meaning of endpoint in terms of wcf? what endpoint is and how it help us. how to define or explain to some one what is endpoint ?

the main question is how could i restrict external user not to use all functionality of wcf serviec.

suppose my service provide account info and sales info and product info.

i want internal customer can call function for accounts, sales and product too but external customer can not call accounts and sales related function rather they should be restricted to only products related function. how to achieve it with the help of single service ?

guide me with as much as details. thanks

Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:30 PM
  • like to know what is the meaning of endpoint in terms of wcf? what endpoint is and how it help us. how to define or explain to some one what is endpoint ?

Bing and Google are your friends. Books are your friends, which is what I used way back in year 2008 when I needed to use WCF and understand its different aspects.

That's not the service's responsibility. You need to come up with something that's going to figure that out before the service is called, like using a Service layer.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee658090.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

• Proposed as answer by Sudip_inn Monday, November 16, 2015 8:43 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:27 PM
  • Hi Mou_Kolkata,

According to this case, in my opinion is that when we want limit external customer can call

all method, we can  judge it if he is a external customer via username and password

or use client ip address. In that method, if username not is internal user, we can limit it call

this method.

For more information, please refer to the following articles:

1.WCF: Restrict which Clients can call your WCF Service methods via X.509 Certificates  

2.Exposing Multiple Service Endpoints

Best Regards,

Grady

• Proposed as answer by Sudip_inn Monday, November 16, 2015 8:42 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 7:25 AM