none
The expression On Current you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:... RRS feed

• Question

• I recently made a copy of my app and relinked the tables.

Now when I invoke one of my forms, I receive the message:

The expression On Current you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:...

I've set a breakpoint on the first line of the On Current event, but the message pops up before I get there.

How can I effectively troubleshoot this?

Thank you!

Thanks for your help!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 1:06 AM

Answers

• The error appears to be not due to anything in the Current event *procedure*, but with the On Current event *property*.  As this is a built in property of the form I'd agree with msdnPI that this is likely to be due to corruption of the form.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:49 PM

All replies

• I've set a breakpoint on the first line of the On Current event, but the message pops up before I get there.

How can I effectively troubleshoot this?

Hi plynton,

You can set the breakpoint earlier in the process, e.g. in the Load event of the form.

Imb.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:45 AM
  • I've seen this before and it smells like corruption.

Do a compact repair on a copy.  If that doesn't solve it:  Save/make a copy of the problem form with a new name.  And try the copy.  If it works then use that and delete the old.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:13 PM
  • The error appears to be not due to anything in the Current event *procedure*, but with the On Current event *property*.  As this is a built in property of the form I'd agree with msdnPI that this is likely to be due to corruption of the form.

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:49 PM