Expression Web 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry about that! Not sure what happened there. Try this:

I upgraded from an older version of Expression to Expression Web 4. After upgrading both versions were on my system. When I open my website in design view in the old version it looks nearly identical to the preview in a web browser. When I open the same website in the new Expression Web 4 version the design view is radically different and I am unable to edit portions of the page. When previewing in a browser from within Expression Web 4 it looks normal as it does on the web. I have tried every setting I can think of with no effect. I even tried downloading the site from the web and republishing it from Expression Web 4, still no change. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Am I missing some basic setting or is there a problem with the software? I am running Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 installed. I have a Dell Optiplex 980 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHz 2.79 GHz; 4.00 GB RAM; 64 bit OS; Nvidia GeForce GT 330; dual 500 GB intermal hard drives; 2.3 TB external hard drives.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:12 PM

All replies

• Well at least we can read that though you are now shouting. How about just using plain text like everyone else, not to mention pushing other posts off the front page because you are doubleposting.

Now you need to provide additional information starting with a link to the page because what you state isn't normal. Second, have you installed the service packs for Expression Web 4?

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:38 PM
  • Cheryl,

I am new to this forum and did not realize that I had started a new thread when I reposted with the larger text. I think I am somewhat under control now and will only post (after this) on the other thread since I have had multiple interactions there. I posted a link to a page on the other thread but I must tell you that the problem is not page related since all of the pages in my site display strangely in Web 4. The site has been up and working fine for 12 years. I have not manually installed any service packs. Do they not install automatically? I don't see a button in any of the menus that says update. How does one know when an update is available? I will look into that right now. The text size problems are a long story. In a nutshell, after cosiderable time on the phone with Microsoft techs I was directed to the wrong forum and given some bogus info. To avaoid retyping everything I copied and pasted into Word to save it and did not look at the font size. I went back and changed it in Word and reposted. I won't do that again. Thanx for being patient.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:12 AM
  • Please do not post anymore in this thread. Stick to the other one.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:41 AM