VS2017 Fakes fails to generate fakes dell for System.dll with error "No suitable method found to override" RRS feed

• Question

• VS2017 Fakes fails to generate fakes dell for System.dll with error "No suitable method to override"

These are the two errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0115 'StubX509Certificate2.GetCertHash(HashAlgorithmName)': no suitable method found to override [C:\rdnext\EngSys\MDA\OBO\src\Common\Helpers.UnitTest\objd\i386\Fakes\s\f.csproj] Helpers.UnitTest C:\rdnext\EngSys\MDA\OBO\src\Common\Helpers.UnitTest\f.cs 129016 Active
    Error CS0115 'StubX509Certificate2.GetCertHashString(HashAlgorithmName)': no suitable method found to override [C:\rdnext\EngSys\MDA\OBO\src\Common\Helpers.UnitTest\objd\i386\Fakes\s\f.csproj] Helpers.UnitTest C:\rdnext\EngSys\MDA\OBO\src\Common\Helpers.UnitTest\f.cs 129073 Active

I am using VS2017 with .Net Framework 4.7.2

Memo from CR

Thursday, December 10, 2020 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Memo,

Thank you for posting here.

This should be a problem with Visual Studio, I suggest you post it to Microsoft Q&A for better support.

MSDN is about to retire.

Best Regards,

Timon

"Visual C#" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A ! We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A ! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, December 11, 2020 5:23 AM