Avoiding clientbin folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

we are developing for Source control plugin for Visual studio. Could you please tell me the way to avoid "Client bin" folder( Clint bin folder is created for Silver light project) to check in  to the repository. If I write a logic for avoiding folders , it is avoiding all folders. My requirement is only to avoid client bin folder. I can hard code it which is bad idea :)

Thanks in advance 

Bheem.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Bheem,

If you are using TFS 2012, please select team project collection->Souce Control->File Types tab->choose Executable Files and set to Disable , then the bin folder could be blocked when checked in.

Besides, you can try to implement what you need by modifying the lpFileNames in the SccCheckin Function .

If you have any other questions related to TFS ,please create new thread in the following forum for better response.

Team Foundation Server - Source and Version Control Forum

BEst Regards,

Jane.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 9:38 AM