none
Your tax forms are not valid. Please correct any errors in your forms and resubmit them. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to fill out the tax forms before releasing the app. I have done this before for the Windows Phone 8 store and didn't have any problems there. But for the Windows App Store, it does not seem to work.

The first time I filled it out, the "incomplete" message on the tax profile page never went away. So I filled it out again, and now I'm in an endless loop. It shows me "Your tax forms are not valid. Please correct any errors in your forms and resubmit them.". If I click on continue, I get to the page where I have to choose the country. If I click next, I get back to the main page with the "Your tax forms are not valid." message. 

How can I get out of this endless-loop and get a valid tax form?????

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:39 AM

Answers

• Hello Snarpch,

Your Tax profile is not listed as Valid until it has been reviewed. If you upload your Tax profile and more than one business days has passed without a change, reach out to us here at developer support.

We do not have it readily in front of us due to the private nature of the forms, but we can request information as why it is not valid, to help you get past this.

(Side note if you experience any dashboard inconsistencies, ensure you are operating in Internet Explorer 10 to prevent browser caused problems.)

Thanks for the post!

-Robert

• Marked as answer by snarpch Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:41 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hello Snarpch,

Your Tax profile is not listed as Valid until it has been reviewed. If you upload your Tax profile and more than one business days has passed without a change, reach out to us here at developer support.

We do not have it readily in front of us due to the private nature of the forms, but we can request information as why it is not valid, to help you get past this.

(Side note if you experience any dashboard inconsistencies, ensure you are operating in Internet Explorer 10 to prevent browser caused problems.)

Thanks for the post!

-Robert

• Marked as answer by snarpch Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:41 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:19 AM
  • Hello Robert,

thanks for the info. The tax profile is now valid.

It is just that the information in the dashboard isn't helpful at all, a small text like "please wait until the tax profile has been reviewed" would be much more useful than "your tax forms are not valid"...

Best wishes,

Markus

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

Just thought I'd add a note to say that this misled me too - especially the instruction to 'please correct any errors'.

Thanks

Matt

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:11 PM
  • @Robert_E

My Tax Profile was completed exactly as in this post, as per Charted Accountant in India Advised as applicable for our organization.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/d416bfd3-1ec3-4b50-aab3-c63dce39bf3b/completing-tax-profile?forum=windowsstore

It came out Invalid, and I have been following up with Developer Support, to know why it failed.

I was told it would take 24 to 48 Hrs to know the exact reason of why it failed, but after I submitted the Tax Form on 22nd Sep, and creating a Support Ticket, I haven't got any response as to why it failed.

Tax Profile Status hasn't changed, nor I have got a reply yet.

Is there a better way that we will be able to know why Tax Profile gets rejected?

H.Sevugan ChenTIS LLP http:\\www.chentis.com

Friday, October 4, 2013 3:47 AM