Error running Stop-AzureStack command "Could not ping any of the provided Service Fabric gateway endpoints." RRS feed

• Question

• Now I started to test Azure Stack with ASDK.
    In ASDK, I learned that Stop-AzureStack will be executed from ERCS to shut down, but all VMs do not shutdown and the following error occurred.

VERBOSE: Error in ECEClient.
    Error:
    Exception calling "GetResult" with "0" argument(s): "A transient error occured while communicating with
    Service Fabric. Exception Type: FabricTransientException. FabricErrorCode: GatewayNotReachable.
    Exception message: Could not ping any of the provided Service Fabric gateway endpoints."

Could you please tell me the procedure for restarting the host with ASDK?
    --------
    shunichi ibaraki

Friday, July 28, 2017 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Shunichi,

To answer your Question:

Shutdown ASDK

1. Connect to the ERCS VM (via Hyper-V, or remote PowerShell session to the PrivilegedEndpoint);

Login as the default (generated) account seen when attempting to connect to the VM via Hyper-V.

Instructions on connecting to the PrivilegedEndpoint : https://youtu.be/msoz1wyPj_0

1. Execute the Stop-AzureStack command; this will start the Shutdown process.

It looks like you ran the Shutdown procedure correctly.

Unfortunately, the error you posted indicates the Service Fabric (XRP-VM01) was not responding when the shutdown workflows were sent.  

This might be caused by Known Issue with the associated VM. (AzS-XRP-01) If the XRP-VM has become unstable you will need to redeploy in order to recover.

See “rebooting the XRP VM or associated infra role”

Azure Stack Development Kit Notice: Regarding available updates and reboots

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Friday, July 28, 2017 11:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Shunichi,

To answer your Question:

Shutdown ASDK

1. Connect to the ERCS VM (via Hyper-V, or remote PowerShell session to the PrivilegedEndpoint);

Login as the default (generated) account seen when attempting to connect to the VM via Hyper-V.

Instructions on connecting to the PrivilegedEndpoint : https://youtu.be/msoz1wyPj_0

1. Execute the Stop-AzureStack command; this will start the Shutdown process.

It looks like you ran the Shutdown procedure correctly.

Unfortunately, the error you posted indicates the Service Fabric (XRP-VM01) was not responding when the shutdown workflows were sent.  

This might be caused by Known Issue with the associated VM. (AzS-XRP-01) If the XRP-VM has become unstable you will need to redeploy in order to recover.

See “rebooting the XRP VM or associated infra role”

Azure Stack Development Kit Notice: Regarding available updates and reboots

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Friday, July 28, 2017 11:21 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Thank you for your quick reply for my question.
    In fact, I have redeployed ASDK over 5 times and I have experienced the following errors.

- After reboot the host, I colud not access the portal site (Admin and Tenant).
    - I could not add SQL Server host for SQL Adapter resource provider.
    - I could not deploy SQL Server Developer Edition (which is downloaded from Azure Marketplace).

I could do these actions with TP3(refresh).
    I feel it's difficult to start my test for ASDK in this situation, so I postpone it until the updated ASDK released.

Regards;
    --------------

shunichi ibaraki

Monday, July 31, 2017 12:40 AM