Error while logging in Reportmanager website RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Working with SSRS 2012 Enterprise Edition, on windows server 2008R2 .

I am trying deploy my ssrs report on Report server but it is giving error.I tried to connect

to Reportserver existing database that I have in ssms through Reporting Service Configuration Manager.But
    still when I tried to open Report Manager through the Below link "http://lovalhost/Reports" am getting error as
    follows:-"The Report Server Installation is not initialized(rsReportServerNotActivated)"

What should I do?

Any help

Thanks in advance

srm_2010

Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi srm2010,

According to your description, it seems that the report server configure failed.  You could try to re-specify the URL(use the different URL from previous) and re-specify the report server database, check its connection. Then login in web portal(please use URL which is show in Reporting Service Configuration Manager) to see whether it works or not. 

In addition, you also could backup the Encryption Keys and reset the credential to check this issue. Or you could delete the Encryption Key , then re-start the reporting service, login report manager to check this issue.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by srm_2010 Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:33 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2018 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi srm2010,

According to your description, it seems that the report server configure failed.  You could try to re-specify the URL(use the different URL from previous) and re-specify the report server database, check its connection. Then login in web portal(please use URL which is show in Reporting Service Configuration Manager) to see whether it works or not. 

In addition, you also could backup the Encryption Keys and reset the credential to check this issue. Or you could delete the Encryption Key , then re-start the reporting service, login report manager to check this issue.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by srm_2010 Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:33 AM
    Friday, March 23, 2018 5:57 AM
  • Ya thanks I did delete emcryption key and reestarted reporting services .that actually solved my problem.

thanks

srm_2010

Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:33 AM