Error creating a new Web Data Service RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi.

I'm trying to create a new WebDataService to test Astoria but I get the following error:

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Astoria.VSIntegration.NewDataServiceWizard' to type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard.IWizard'

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advanced.

Monday, September 24, 2007 4:18 PM

Answers

• Hi.

I got good news and bad news.

Good news: Adding a new Web Data Service works fine now, all I did was uninstalling the Entity Framework Tools (EFT), then the Entity Framework (EF) and finally Astoria and reinstall them again in the following order: EF, EFT and Astoria.

Bad news: I can't add a new Entity Data Model if I choose "Generate from database" the wizard gets closed and nothing happends, if I do select "Empty model" the model is added.... Any idea of whats going on? Shold I post this question in a different forum?

Thanks in advanced.

Monday, September 24, 2007 9:07 PM
  • Hi again

I've solved the problem, it was caused by the Event Log wich was full, all I did was empty it and the problem was gone.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you trying this from Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 or some other version?

Do you have any other versions of Visual Studio installed in the same computer?

Have you installed the previous CTP (May CTP) of Astoria in the same system before?

Pablo Castro

Technical Lead

Microsoft Corporation

http://blogs.msdn.com/pablo

Monday, September 24, 2007 5:18 PM
  •  

Hi.

Thanks for answering so fast.

I'm using the VS 2008 Beta 2 version, I have also the VS 2005 version installed; I had installed the previous CTP (May CTP) of Astoria but I uninstalled them before installing the new September release.

Hope this helps to know what's going on whit my problem.

PS: I'm using Windows XP Pro. SP 2.

Regards.

Monday, September 24, 2007 5:23 PM
  • Hi.

I got good news and bad news.

Good news: Adding a new Web Data Service works fine now, all I did was uninstalling the Entity Framework Tools (EFT), then the Entity Framework (EF) and finally Astoria and reinstall them again in the following order: EF, EFT and Astoria.

Bad news: I can't add a new Entity Data Model if I choose "Generate from database" the wizard gets closed and nothing happends, if I do select "Empty model" the model is added.... Any idea of whats going on? Shold I post this question in a different forum?

Thanks in advanced.

Monday, September 24, 2007 9:07 PM
  • Hi again

I've solved the problem, it was caused by the Event Log wich was full, all I did was empty it and the problem was gone.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 4:48 PM