none
CheckedListBox displays System.Data.DataRowView on one machine RRS feed

• General discussion

• As I was writing this post I solved my problem. Now I will share the solution for anyone who may stumble across this legacy cr*p.

I inherited an old VB.NET application written in the old Visual Studio .Net against the 1.0 framework. Recently we had to rebuild a couple of machines and redeploy the app.

We have CheckedListBox controls bound using the DataSource property and suddenly all we could see was System.Data.DataRowView in the list on these machines. All the forums out there tell you that binding the items with the DataSource property is not supported by Microsoft and offer code fixes, which we obviously do not want to do.

I installed the .Net Framework 1.0 redistributable and fixed it right up. Which is a little strange because one of the machines it still works on only has 1.1. But there you have it  I actually tested this on another machine by installing 1.1 first, which did not fix the problem, but installing 1.0 did.

And another interesting thought. The executable and its class library dependency reside in a network share. After installing the 1.0 framework I had to run a Caspol.exe command to grant privs to the share or the executable could not access the library. The app functioned fine without the Caspol.exe command (except the ListBox of course) prior to installing the 1.0 framework. Strange stuff...Hope this helps someone someday.

Friday, August 20, 2010 9:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for sharing.

In addition, you could also post it on corresponding language forum or Data Platform Development Forums
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/dataplatformdev hich makes answer searching in the fourm eaiser and be beneficial to other community members. After all, this forum is for the setup of .net framework.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:29 AM