“FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10028]” error with "HDInsightOnDemandLinkedService" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am developing a ADF POC for processing data in HDInsight , while I am able to process the data successfully through "HDInsightBYOCLinkedService" but facing issue while using "HDInsightOnDemandLinkedService".

On execution of HQL file I am receiving “FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10028]” error.

Following command in part of HQL file:

LOAD DATA INPATH 'wasb://install@ondemandhdinsightblob.blob.core.windows.net/airliancetime.csv' OVERWRITE into table AirlianceData.AirlianceTime_Temp;

Full Exception :

FAILED: SemanticException   [Error 10028]: Line 1:17 Path is not legal   ''wasb://install@ondemandhdinsightblob.blob.core.windows.net/airliancetime.csv'':   Move from:   wasb://install@ondemandhdinsightblob.blob.core.windows.net/airliancetime.csv   to: wasb://adfairliancedatafactory-hdinsightairliancetime-20150619073039@ondemandhdinsightblob.blob.core.windows.net/hive/warehouse/airliancedata.db/airliancetime_temp   is not valid. Please check that values for params "default.fs.name"   and "hive.metastore.warehouse.dir" do not conflict.

The mentioned file is available on this path: 'wasb://install@ondemandhdinsightblob.blob.core.windows.net/airliancetime.csv' .

I have tried LOAD DATA INPATH command with relative path but wasn’t able to resolve the issue.

In my thought the problem (may be totally incorrect) is due to the necessity of having the dataset file (.CSV) to LOAD in the same blob-storage container where HDInsight is installed and in my condition the csv file is getting generated in different blob-storage container through Azure Data Factory.

CSV  : 'wasb://install@ondemandhdinsightblob.blob.core.windows.net’

HDInsight Cluster :wasb://adfairliancedatafactory-hdinsightairliancetime-20150619073039@ondemandhdinsightblob.blob.core.windows.net

I faced a similar issue earlier also , resolved it my having CSV file in same Container but in case of “HDInsightOnDemandLinkedService” the destination container information is unknown.

For time being I am using “HDInsightBYOCLinkedService“ option but would need  “HDInsightOnDemandLinkedService “

Is there a way to resolve the issue.

Shirshank Deepankar v-shide@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hey Shirshank,

I will take a look into this see if I can repro the problem.

thanks,

Ovidiu Burlacu

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 26, 2015 8:19 PM
    Answerer